It's been a busy couple of days. Playing tourist in a strange place has it's ups and downs. I'm happy to report that most have mine have been ups. Yesterday I roamed around Perth. There is a nice, free shuttle around the city which makes life so much easier. I found a lovely cafe for lunch and tried to learn my way around. It's a really pretty city.
Today it was off on the train to Freemantle. The train is fabulous for people watching. Freemantle is a coastal seaport with a High Steet and traditionally English looking buildings. Everyone I'd talked to said that I must eat fish and chips on the wharf. That's exactly what I did. It became a competition between me and the sea gulls but someone was dumb enough to toss them something and they left me alone. I can't say the same for nut that threw the food! It was a really nice day and tonight it's pouring down rain. I'm just thankful the clouds waited to open up.
For those wondering, Chris is off Denali. After being stuck at 14,000 feet for 10 days with little hope of the summit clearing, the group came down. They were running out of supplies. It looks like he'll be in Alaska for the rest of the season. He's talking about coming home for a bit after that.
As always, I miss you and hope that you're catching up on your rest. Take care of each other.
Hugs from Perth,
Ann
3 comments:
Are you speaking "Aussie" yet? It is wonderful to hear you are having a great time. When we are in the home together, you can entertain me with your travels all over again! But you will have to do it with an accent! Miss you.
Great news about Chris! I know that he would have loved to have gotten his group to the summit, but some groups just aren't meant to go!! And it's even better news that he might be spending some time at home later this summer.
I'm going to have to read about Perth...I know absolutely nothing about it. I'm really counting on a great presentation by our world traveler when you get home.
Have fun!
Leslie
How's the Perth walkabout going?
no worries?
Post a Comment