It's been 6 weeks and over 30,000 miles. I still feel as though I'm dreaming. The trip was a life-changing experience and one that I will never forget. I owe an awful lot of people for making sure that I was where I needed to be and that I had a great time. Thank you to all of those people that worked so hard to get this thing off to a great start, that would have to include Tad, Lyle, Michelle, Rosie and Lynn. They were not only the organizers, they were cheerleaders. Thanks so much.
Thanks also to all of my new friends at Barker College. It is a wondrous group who allowed this "American lady" to step into their world to play. I loved being an ambassador and hope that we can return the hospitality. I'm also hoping that someday soon I can go back make sure that they haven't given my desk to someone else! Anyway, thanks to all, Tammy, Marcel, Andy, Liz, Ben, Greg, Mel, Mark, Ann, Sue and all of the rest of the Barker staff that made me feel so at home. I'll never forget you. All Saints' is blessed to have you as a sister school.
A special thanks to all of my colleagues at All Saints'. I tell anyone who will listen about the great group of people that I work with. Your words of encouragement meant so much to me. In addition, for those who have seen me since my return, thanks to you for telling me how much you enjoyed this blogging experiment. I thought it would be difficult but instead it was so easy and also great fun. I can't wait to show you my pictures.
I would also like to thank Michael, Sara, Theresa and Emma for being such great tour guides in Western Australia and New Zealand. You made the trip so special and I can't wait to see you again stateside. Linda, Sam, Chris, Jim, thanks for putting your lives on hold to make sure that I was made to feel like a queen. You guys are so good at that. I love you all and can't wait to see you again, hopefully, next summer. Until then, whenever you look at those amazing mountains or put your feet in that beautiful blue water, please think of how blessed you are to live in paradise.
Steven, thanks for remembering me. It's good to be home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment