Sunday, May 27, 2007

Anticipation

The countdown begins! Four hours until I leave for the airport. Six weeks is a long time to be away from home. Packing for such weather extremes has also been interesting. The only attention Hawaii gets in the suitcase is a pair of shorts, a t-shirt, a swimsuit and slippers. Thank goodness, there's a WalMart in Hilo. All the flight, train and b&b reservations have been made. My suitcases weigh in at 49.8 pounds each and I have enough magnets, pins calendars and books to share with most of Hornsby. I keep thinking how much less weight there will be on the way back.

My next entry will be from Waitara. Diana should be there by now and hopefully, introductions with my new Barker friends will be only hours away.

Take care my friends and hopefully, I'll have lots of "goodies" to post.

Til next time,
Ann

13 comments:

Kim the Librarian said...

I didn't get to tell you Goodbye! I thought about calling you today but it was already too late. Have a great trip! I will miss you! Thinking of you on the long flight!

kim

dixiebelle said...

Called Steve to see if you had arrived. Alas...too early. Hope your trip was uneventful and pleasant! Have fun world traveler! Who can I get into trouble with the next 6 weeks???
;-)

Lyle C. said...

Hope things are going okay. Heard from Rod that Diana had a few complications, no details though. How was your trip? Flight long enough?

lyle

Steven said...

you are already missed and loved

Unknown said...

Bon voyage sweet Ann! The puppies and I are gong to follow your trail with great glee!

NancyC said...

Have you done any of your marvelous unit on the Constitoosh yet? By now Barker knows we have sent them one of our very best -- you make us look good!

Doris said...

Have a great time Annie! I will have Steve over for dinner after I come back from Costa Rica. Have fun girlfriend. Enjoy the wine!

ccowser said...

Glad you made it without too much foot swelling! Take good notes for the next group. Can't wait to see your pics for the trip.

Char

susieh said...

Hi! Hope your trip was uneventful! We are slaving away in inservice meetings, but I've taken good notes so you can read them when you get back! May the road rise to meet you without any mosquitoes! I look forward to seeing your next account of life down under! My most down under thing is the dust bunnies under the bed. Have a good one! -- Susie H

Anonymous said...

Forget the inservice...all remains the same and you are serving the greater good. (Make you feel important?)Yeah, well, we ate on your behalf at both breakfast and lunch today. Brock would be proud and our next session WILL be painful. Glad you got there in one piece and keep us posted. KT

Amy said...

Dear Ann,

I got sick right after you left. I guess it is that I just miss you so much and that it has nothing to do with the in-service I missed yesterday. Have you seen any really big lizards? Take pictures of all unusually large lizards for me. Glad things are going well. I am going back to school today.

Love, Amy

maemae said...

How exciting Ann - we'll be thinking about you while you and Diane are "working."
Mae

Ruth said...

Heh, Do you need a sub today? What? did I hear you say you don't need me to be your 'little surprise' this morning Mmmmmm...!! I couldn't miss out on the Ann blog fun especially as Sydney is my second home. Take the ferry everywhere,enjoy the Opera House, shop 'til you drop(most important)-so much to do so little time. Have a g'day mate, no worries.

Love Ruth (hugs to Diana)